Connexus aims to provide properties that meet the Decent Homes Standard and fulfill our tenant’s expectations. This page explains what you can expect when we carry out Bathroom Improvement works.
Prior to any work starting, the Survey
The process of improving your bathroom will start with a detailed survey carried out by either a Surveyor from Connexus or by an appointed contractor. Each property will be surveyed individually to ensure it receives the work that is necessary to bring it up to the Decent Homes Standard. Not every home needs the same work carried out and you may not receive the same work as that of your neighbour.
During the survey, our Surveyor will assess your existing bathroom and decide on the level of improvements necessary. Our Surveyor will then inform you of the proposed works needed and offer you any choices that are available.
Please make sure that you request and check the Surveyor’s ID badge. Do not allow anyone into your home if they do not have any identification.
Depending on the results of the survey, we will either offer you a full bathroom suite replacement, or where only one or two of the bathroom fixtures require renewal, we will replace these. This ensures that we provide the best value for money from our Improvement budget.
If you are to receive a full bathroom replacement, we will:
- Install a complete modern bathroom suite in white
- Offer you large bumpy white wall tiles with three coloured mosaic inserts. These will be fitted into 2 rows of tiles around the bath. We also fit 1 row of tiles as a splash-back to the wash basin.
- Give you a choice of 5 types of coloured mosaic inserts
- Give you a choice of 3 types of coloured vinyl floor coverings
- Give you a choice of the full range of wall paints offered by our chosen paint supplier
If we do not need to replace your full bathroom suite, we will replace any fixtures that do need renewal, such as wash basin, etc.
During the survey it would be really useful to know if you need any disabled adaptations to your property, such as grab rail, lever taps or a walk-in shower. If you have requested a visit from the Occupational Therapist through your Doctor to assess your needs, please inform our Surveyor as we will try and undertake these adaptations at the time the improvement is completed.
For more information, see our page on Adaptions
During the works we will ensure that:
- You are given a start date and a completion date for carrying out the work
- Your home is left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of each working day
- You are given dust sheets to protect your furnishings and flooring.
- You are left with basic working essential services overnight
- We will respect your home at all times
- You have contact telephone numbers for both day time and out of-hours emergencies
- We supply cardboard boxes (where required) which can be used to store possessions while the work is completed.
While we carry out this work, we would be grateful if you could:
- Allow us full access during working hours to complete the works
- Pack away any valuable items
- Keep children out of harm’s way
- Keep any animals locked away
- Inform us immediately if you have any concerns
We will carry out a detailed inspection of the improvement to ensure that it is of a high quality and is complete. You may also be asked to complete a questionnaire which will give you the opportunity to tell us your opinion of the work carried out and to find out if you are satisfied with finished standard. Once both you and we are happy with the finished standard, the improvement will be confirmed as finished.
If you experience any faults following the improvement work, please contact us and we will arrange for a member of our team to visit you.