Rent to buy
If you want to get on the housing ladder but can’t gain a mortgage due to no or low deposit, Rent to Buy gives you the opportunity to rent a home from us for a minimum of 5 years. You will pay only 80% of the open market rent and the other 20% you would have been paying will be put aside by yourself for a deposit.
- Can’t afford to buy on the open market or Shared Ownership and at least 18 years old
- Have a household income of less than £80,000 per year
- Preferably a first-time buyer*
- Ideally, have a good credit rating
- You must be in paid employment
Our Rent to Buy homes are displayed below. To check if you qualify and to find all the details see Help to Buy website. Please note, the application process is the same as Shared Ownership.
If you're eligible and interested let us know and we'll help you to get started or answer any further questions. Remember that for some Rent to Buy properties you might need to show that you have a connection to the area to qualify. We'll advise you if there are any local connection requirements. The home you'll rent will be a newly built home or could be an existing one that the previous tenants have moved out of.
*If you have previously owned a property, you might be considered for the scheme.