SUSTAIN Support Services
SUSTAIN support services are funded by Shropshire Council and are available for our tenants in Shropshire only.
Connexus is a lead partner of the SUSTAIN Consortium. SUSTAIN provide housing support services for all over Shropshire as part of a programme funded by Shropshire Council.
Housing Support Services work to help vulnerable people develop the skills and experience to be able to maintain their own accommodation and live independently in the community.
Shropshire support services are given through individual and group support aimed to help people to develop their own networks and friendships.
Group activities and training are also hosted in local areas covering a wide range of topics with the aim of increasing personal skills.
What Housing Support can help you with:
- Budgeting - reducing household bills and making ends meet
- Benefits - applications and appeals
- Finding a new home, a lodger, house swap or house share
- Avoiding eviction
- Contacting services, groups and agencies
- Coping in your own home - managing your post, bills and appointments
- Aids and adaptations - changing your property to suit your needs
- Becoming involved in the community - activities, events and groups
- Staying safe - coping with domestic violence, household security
- Finding social care or help at home
- Self-harm - substance or alcohol abuse
- If you're concerned about someone else
Who is eligible?
Those in need of housing support irrespective of where they live, or whether they own their own home or not.
How do I get this service?
You will be able to access services through local hubs by attending a drop-in session (details below), an event or activity or by making a direct referral (please see below).
Further support can then be arranged.
|Tuesday||10am to 1pm||Drop-in|
|Craven Arms Food Bank
St. Andrews Church
|Tuesday||10am to 12pm||Drop-in|
||9.30am to 12.30pm||By appointment only.
Ring 03332 313 233
7 – 9 Parkway Ln
|Tuesday||2.30pm - 4.30pm||Drop-in|
|Rockspring Community Centre
|1st Monday of the month||12.30pm - 2.30pm||Food bank drop-in. Visit and pay £2 for up to 13 items.|
|Church Stretton Wellbeing Centre
|Monday||2pm - 4.30pm||Drop-in|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 10.30am||Drop-in|
|Whitchurch Food Bank
|Friday||9.30am - 11.30am||Drop-in|
Funded by Shropshire Council