SUSTAIN Support Services
SUSTAIN support services are funded by Shropshire Council and are available for our tenants in Shropshire only.
Connexus is a lead partner of the SUSTAIN Consortium. SUSTAIN provide housing support services for all over Shropshire as part of a programme funded by Shropshire Council.
Housing Support Services work to help vulnerable people develop the skills and experience to be able to maintain their own accommodation and live independently in the community.
Shropshire support services are given through individual and group support aimed to help people to develop their own networks and friendships.
Group activities and training are also hosted in local areas covering a wide range of topics with the aim of increasing personal skills.
What Housing Support can help you with:
- Budgeting - reducing household bills and making ends meet
- Benefits - applications and appeals
- Finding a new home, a lodger, house swap or house share
- Avoiding eviction
- Contacting services, groups and agencies
- Coping in your own home - managing your post, bills and appointments
- Aids and adaptations - changing your property to suit your needs
- Becoming involved in the community - activities, events and groups
- Staying safe - coping with domestic violence, household security
- Finding social care or help at home
- Self-harm - substance or alcohol abuse
- Concerned about someone else
Those in need of housing support irrespective of where they live, or whether they own their own home or not.
You will be able to access services through local hubs by attending a drop-in session, an event or activity or by making a direct referral (please see below).
Further support can then be arranged.
To make a direct referral for support please contact us here for a referral form.
- Wednesdays, 13:30 - 15:30. Edinburgh House, New Street, Wem, SY4 5DB. Provided by Connexus.
- Tuesdays, 10:00 - 12:30. SHA office, 12a Salop Road, Oswestry, SY11 2NU. Provided by Shropshire Housing Alliance.
- Thursdays, 10:00 - 12:00. Shropshire Council Castle View, Oswestry, SY11 1JR. Provided by STAR Housing.
- Wednesdays, 09:30 - 12:30. SHA Office, 11 High Street TF9 1PY. Provided by Shropshire Housing Alliance.
- Thursdays, 10:00 - 13:00. Raven House, 129 Cheshire Street, TF9 3AH. Provided by Connexus.
- Fridays, 13:00 - 16:00. Community Room, Kingsway Court, SY13 1DQ. Provided by Connexus.
- Monday, 09:30 - 14:00. Roy Fletcher Centre, 12 -17 Cross Hill, SY1 1JE. Provided by Shrewsbury Homes For All.
- Wednesday, 10:00 - 12:00. 11 Bellstone, SY1 1HU. Please note: this is a Tenancy Support drop-in, provided by Shropshire Housing Alliance.
- Wednesday, 10:30 - 11:30. Hope Church Food Bank, Grafton Mews, Harlescott Grange, SY1 3PT. Provided by Severnside.
- Thursday, 09:30 - 14:00. Roy Fletcher Centre 12 -17 Cross Hill, SY1 1JE. Provided by Shrewsbury Homes For All.
- Thursday, 09:00 - 10:15. The Ark, 10 Castle Foregate, SY1 2EJ. Provided by Shrewsbury Homes For All and Shropshire Housing Alliance.
- Friday, 10:00 - 11:00. The Ark, 10 Castle Foregate, SY1 2EJ. Provided by Severnside.
- Tuesday, 10:00 - 13:00. Community Centre, Grange Road, SY9 5AW. Provided by Connexus.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 09:00 - 12:30. The Gateway, Craven Arms, SY7 9BW. Provided by Connexus.
- Tuesday, 09:00 - 13:00. Ludlow Foyer, Portcullis Lane, SY8 1PZ. Provided by Connexus. This drop in support session is by appointment only. Please contact us to make an appointment.
- Tuesday, 09:30 - 13:00. Beech Road Community Room, Beech Road, WV16 4PJ.
Funded by Shropshire Council